Color – 60º Lovibond
– 1-3% For balance in Pilsners
– 5-10% Vienna, Marzen and Oktoberfest
– 5-15% Doppelbocks, Dark Lagers, Barley Wine
– 5-15% Certain styles of Brown Ales, Scotch Ales, Stouts and Porters
CHARACTERISTICS / APPLICATIONS
– Caramel Malts are characterized by a glassy endosperm with varying degrees of sweet flavor ranging from light caramel to toffee to burnt sugar. Typical color range of Caramel Malts is 10º to 120º Lovibond.
– A distinguishing characteristic of Caramel Malts is their ability to improve foam development and stability and enhance viscosity due to non-fermentable structures they contribute to beer.